Oblongulated thoughts...

Monday, April 03, 2006

Oberon

Well.. another day off.. yay... haha I love this daylight saving thing (actually I don't but for one minute I actually liked it) because for once in my life I could say "wow I only slept in until 6:45" and be telling the truth.. Yay!

Well, yeah, I went to Oberon yesterday.. Fox did a really great dressage test - 66% and ended up 5th after that (with only 1.2 points between us and first).. then we knocked three rails.. grr.. and dropped to 12th... grrr... then he was quite good cross country... not great for the first part of the course, but he got better and was excellent by the end. We also went too fast (you get penalised for being more than 20 seconds under the 'optimum time') so that was good, because we are usually too slow. I don't know how we ended up, we left before the final results were posted because the day had run really late, and it takes 3 hours to get home from there..

The day ran really late because of a terrible accident in the cross country. A girl (one of Penny's grooms) finished her cross country, and as she finished the horse died of a massive annurism (not sure how to spell that, but basically a bubble in your artery that explodes) so basically it just fell over and she did a face plant.. she was knocked out. It was Penny's horse. Now to me, this is the only case where you would have to say that it's almost a good thing she was knocked out. She won't remember what happened, and I suppose that for that she's lucky. The really scary part with her is that she didn't wake up, so the ambulance people weren't willing to take her anywhere until they could revive her. So they called a helicopter in. Now this girl speaks Swedish, with quite a limited amount of English, and they say that with big head injuries etc you revert back to your original language, so Penny's other Swedish groom was trying to talk to her to revive her, but she couldn't travel in the helicopter with her, which meant that if she woke up in the helicopter she was going to wake up to the ambulance people who couldnt even explain to her where she was or what happened. It would be very scary. I hope she's ok.

Penny on the other hand lost her horse, and had to call this girl's parents to tell them what had happened to their daughter. I can't even imagine what she's going through.

Anyway, that's all I have to say. Bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home