Oblongulated thoughts...

Monday, January 17, 2005

[*][m][i][r][r][b][o][o][k][a][*]

Wow! I just came back from the Mirrabooka Summer Camp. It's for juniors in eventing (i.e under 18 years of age) and basically you have six hour and a half lessons, in three days with 6 different instructors. These are the elite riders in the sport. For example I had lessons from Rebel Morrow, who was the highest placed competitor for Australia in the eventing at Athens, then the next day a lesson with Sammi Mcleod, who was short listed for Athens, and competed overseas last year for Australia. It was absolutely incredible. It was really really really inspiring for me. I didn't end up doing the Mini ODE (one day event) on the fourth day cause I'm a wimp, and also it takes 6 hours to get there, and we wouldn't have been able to leave before 3:30 if I had..

I was really happy with my horse, he was really really good, but I also talked to Nicky about a horse that she has for sale cause she is moving to America. She is Gendy's sister, so Gendy told me about the horse and said he was something really special and would suit me. Only problem is that he is $15,000.. which I clearly do not have. Gendy told me he isn't worth more than $10,000 though, which I still don't have. If I want to buy him I have to sell Darcy. So I'm a bit stuck. I don't want to sell darcy cuase he is so sensitive and it would be hell trying to find someone to buy him, but I know I need a new horse and this one could take me to the top. At the moment I think I will go try this horse, then ask Gendy to find someone suitable for Darcy. Hopefully I'll be able to find someone I think can do well with him and I won't feel too bad about selling him. I'll also offer to buy him back when they decide to retire him or sell him again, cause hopefully by then I will have the money to do that.

So anyway I'm a bit stuck at the moment as far as horses go, I still need a sign from Darcy that it's time to give him up, because I couldn't live with myself if I sold him before it was time. Anyway I think I'll go now, I'm just really happy about Mirrabooka and can't wait to go again next year! Tata!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home